Monday, October 4, 2010

Little Helper SASS

Battled a migraine this weekend, so I'm relying on a little Short And Sweet, Sunshine post. Maybe I just didn't have enough caffeine this weekend...


This morning I made a cup of coffee, and put in that fabulous sugar-laden vanilla flavored creamer. (Okay, in the interest of full disclosure, I didn't put cream in my coffee, I put coffee in my creamer.) I took the first glorious sip...

That's the moment Mark decided to wake up. So I put my coffee on the coffee table and went to get him. I managed to take a few sips of coffee and nurse him at the same time. When he was done, I made Gracie breakfast, fed Mark some solid food, then I cleaned up Gracie and let her down from her high chair. Then I cleaned up Mark and he settled in on my hip. Then I cleaned up the high chair tray. And the Bumbo, and the counter, and... well, I was just a bit busy.

Which is why I didn't hear the first "Uh-Oh." Or the second. Or the third.

Looking back, that's not entirely true. I heard a little girl in the living room saying "Uh-Oh!", but it didn't really register. After all, this phrase is used for any number of things that are vital to a two year old but not exactly high on mom's "requires attention" meter. It wasn't until I turned around and saw my daughter carrying my FULL CUP OF COFFEE (okay, creamer) from the living room into the kitchen that I really, truly listened.

Well, my used to be full coffee cup. Just so you know, Woolite with OxyClean carpet cleaner is awesome.

No comments: