Monday, October 11, 2010

Enjoy the Ride


Recently, I was sent an e-mail from Huggies that there were instant win games you could play to get gift cards for Starbucks, free diapers and more. I had signed up through their "Enjoy the Ride" program earlier, so I clicked the link to participate and was brought to the games page. I would post a link here, but you have to be a member to get to the site.

So you're just going to have to trust me when I tell you what I found.

On this site there were multiple options for instant win prizes. Indeed, the Starbucks gift card was there, as was a free package of diapers. Being the practical gal that I am, I opted for the diapers first. Spending one whole "Huggies Point", I clicked to play.

A cutsie picture of a cartoon mom and baby popped up. The mom was giving her baby boy a bath, complete with bubbles and a little rubber ducky. At this point, I was asked to confirm that I wanted to play and spend a point. Yes, yes, how many times does one have to click to get free diapers?

Well, that's when the "game" began. Above the mommy's head, a cartoon balloon read:

"Can Baby Make Bubbles?"
(Yes folks, this is going exactly in the direction you think it is.)

After two seconds, the baby "toots" - complete with sound effects - and bubbles go up from the tub into the air with the toddler giggling the entire time. The phrase above mommy's head now reads "Oooohhhh".

I am not kidding. This was the "game".

Of course, I had to play again to see if the animation changed and I was just the lucky one, getting the "Tooting Toddler" game. I tried for the Starbucks card instead to see if a hot cup o' joe might appear. Nope! Every lucky contestant gets the tooting toddler. I even confirmed the word "toot" is displayed next to the toddler for an instant.

Apparently there is only one way to win, and it's getting gas out of the toddler in just the right way. At least I hope so. I never won. Maybe if you win the toddler does something else??? I hesitate to guess. This is a diaper company you know...

I have to say, after watching the Tooting Toddler four times over, I was actually laughing out loud. I suppose making a mom laugh is a good marketing tool for a diaper company. I still have fifteen Huggies points left, and I haven't won anything yet. I think I need to do some more research for my readers... plus I could really use a chuckle.

You'll never look at that Huggies
"Enjoy the Ride" logo the same way again.

No comments: