Friday, September 17, 2010

Junk Mail SASS

I got this in the mail yesterday, and I have to wonder what the marketing conversation was that took place when they decided on this ad:



JimBob: "I know! Let's offer free toilet paper!"

Carl: "Well, I don't know... I still like the free bait with every beer purchased."

JimBob: "Carl, we all know that Edgar buys the beer for whole group, so we won't get any extra customers that way. Everybody could use some toilet paper."

Carl: "I suppose you're right. How many should we give 'em?"

JimBob: "I was thinking an entire package - six rolls."

Carl: "Six rolls! JimBob, we're not made of money! I say we open the packages and just give 'em two each."

JimBob: "I dunno Carl, if we don't offer them enough incentive, they might just keep usin' the old phone book tear outs. How 'bout we compromise and offer four..."

4 comments:

Tracey said...

Hahhahahahhahahaha....I was reading my husband's survival kit in a can last night....Maybe on Saturday.

Unknown said...

Here's the real question; did you get the toilet paper????

Sunshine SAHM said...

Okay, so I didn't get the toilet paper (although I really should have, I'm a crazy couponer).
We DID stop by their establishment though, and they don't even serve beer. I didn't meet a single person named JimBob (although we did meet a Robert...) and they DID mention the coupon for toilet paper! (I refrained from telling them I made fun of it on my blog.)
They said they had people driving "over 15 miles" to come in for their free rolls. Ha!
Shows how much I know about marketing...

Unknown said...

That is so funny!