Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Bringing You SASS

Apparently Gracie's second birthday wasn't enough excitement for one week, because my husband and I, in all our wisdom, decided this would also be a great time to go camping for a few days.  I've been "unplugged" for the better part of the last three days, and while there is plenty to tell about the party and our camping experiences, I'm pooped. So, today I present my first "SASS" post.

SASS stands for 'Short And Simple, Sunshine'.  It should probably stand for Short and Snarky, or Short and Sneering, or Short and... well, you get the picture. Something tells me if I have to keep a post short, there's a good chance it will be a tad sarcastic. But not always. Hopefully.

Where was I? Oh yes, SASS. Since I've already massacred the Short part, I might as well ruin the Sweet part too. Here is just a little sampling of our camping trip this week:



See the little booger there on the lower right? Yes, we had a squirrel who was determined to get our food. He was quite bold too, as you can see. I wasn't rushing toward him as Robert snapped this picture. In fact, I had shooed him away twice before Robert even got the camera on and ready. As if keeping this little thief out of our hair wasn't enough trouble, as we walked to the lake that afternoon we saw this posted:

The bottom of this notice reads: "If you develop fever, chills, headache, muscle aches, or swollen and tender lymph nodes within seven days of your visit to this area, please inform your doctor that you have been in an area where rodents have plague."

Uh-huh. The camping trip was great. I'll be sure to fill you in with more later. Unless, of course, I get the plague.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Too funny! Personally, I like the sarcasm, but maybe that's because I speak that language, as well! :)

Sunshine SAHM said...

I'm glad to hear someone else can appreciate the sarcasm too.
I think that's what keeps me from going crazy sometimes, realizing that truth really is stranger than fiction - and then writing some SASS about it. Ha!

Nicky said...

The Plague?!?! How often do you hear of that threat?? I hope that all of you campers are remaining healthy :-) I would have come down with some of those symptoms due to the power of suggestion :-)

Sunshine SAHM said...

Nicky, I know! That's what I thought too! I envisioned women with long dresses and huge petticoats in black and white pictures weeping over mounds of dead bodies. I know, gross, but that's what I think of when I hear the word "plague".
Not exactly what I was hoping for on my trip to a nice, serene lake.