Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Excuse Me, But That's Not Chocolate.

Every seasoned parent likes to share sordid stories of what their kids did "when ours were the age yours are now". Why? Why do you do this? Why do you tell us these things?
We cannot take our children back and demand a refund. There is no buyer's remorse or lemon law. Finders, keepers.

Maybe other parents enjoy hearing these tales. Certainly the parents telling the stories chuckle and even laugh at their prior experiences. I sometimes chuckle. I have even been known to laugh. Mostly, I cover my ears and begin chanting "la, la, la, la" when these stories begin. I don't know how she does it, but Grace somehow climbs into my brain, retrieves these morsels of information, and uses them like a road map to each new adventure.

Enter the next new adventure:

That is an empty Pull-Up. And by empty,
I don't mean there is no child in it.

Thankfully, the mess covered a fairly small area.
Considering my laundry handicap however, this was a major event.
NO. That is not chocolate. It's exactly what it looks like. Why did a take a picture? So I wouldn't lose my mind. I can look back and think, I survived.

That, and I'm amassing photos for Grace's 16th birthday party.

If you are a parent, you could tell this story. So I won't. I will tell you that this photo was sent to my husband last Friday, with the caption "No matter how crappy your day was, trust me. Mine was crappier."

Truth.

No comments: