Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Celebrate! Celebrate!

If you've read my "Meet the Mom" page, you know that my brother and sister-in-law have been busy building a new little DeSanto for the family. I'm am very, very excited to announce that she has arrived! Annika Grace DeSanto joined our family yesterday, and everyone is healthy and happy.

Welcome to the world little one.
Your Auntie can't wait to meet you!
It is amazing to me how excited our household is over another little one coming into the world. Now that I'm a parent, the impact of this new little life is dramatically clearer.

In just six months, this tiny girl will be sitting up, laughing, and maybe even trying out food for the first time. In a year, she'll be saying "Mama" and "Dada" and maybe even walking. I know, because my little boy is 11 months old today. He's growing up way too fast.

In two years, this little angel will have just enjoyed Christmas - and really understood what presents are! She'll be walking, and talking, and maybe even have fallen in love with Buzz Lightyear. Or Elmo. I know, because my little girl has already passed the two year mark. She's growing up way too fast.

Welcome to the family Aunny. Your family is so excited to finally have you here, and we can't wait to meet you in person!

The second celebrate in today's title is for Robert and I. Eight years ago I walked down the aisle of a small church, built of stone over a hundred years ago. The church had wooden pews, a bell tower, and the original, beautiful stained glass windows. Our friends and family watched as we said our vows, and they all stood and promised to support our union. They've kept their end of the bargain, and we've kept ours. I can't believe this November will mark the tenth year of our being together!

Happy Anniversary Honey
I love you very much.

No comments: