Friday, April 15, 2011

Another Week Gone...

We've been a bit busy in the Sunshine household lately...

Grandma and Grandpa came all the way from Florida to visit us:

Yay! A week filled with spoiling and fun!
Daddy had the 21st anniversary of his 21st birthday:

This was a lot more exciting on the first
anniversary of my 21st birthday...
And of course, my baby boy had his first anniversay of his 1st birthday!
Where's the cake? They said there would be cake.
THIS isn't cake... hmph.
Here are some of the highlights from the last two weeks:

We took some formal family photos...

Mark was thrilled to wear his first tie.

Daddy and Grandpa put together Mark's
birthday present...

Look mom! No hands!
...and I'm a little frightened about it!

Mark approved of the birthday gift.

Gracie did too!

On Mark's birthday, we went to an indoor fun house...

Mark wasn't feelin' the "fun" at first...

But he put his big boy pants on and tried out
the big slide anyway!
 
AND THEN WE HAD A PARTY!

Excuse me little girl, but if you think you're gettin'
any of my birthday cake, you're crazy.

Okay, so you squish it like this... and then...

...put it everywhere but your mouth. Right?
Mark was so tired from all the festivities, by the time we served the cake, he was exhausted! A better caption to the above photo might have been "Look mom, no matter how many pictures you take, I'm not going to eat anymore cake - unless it's in my crib with my blankie!"


None of the other boys seemed to need a nap.
They were ready to roll!
  
You boys sure are messy! Clean, clean, clean,
I feel like Cinderelli!

Since Mark was sleeping, Gracie reluctantly
stepped in as gift opener...
Grandma and Grandpa said goodbye the day after the party:

"Gracie, why are they smiling when they're about to leave soon?"
"I dunno Mark, I can't find anything to smile about!"
We miss you Grandma and Grandpa! Come back soon!
We had some of the usual shenanigans this week too:

Mark helped me with the dishes...

...and Gracie and I played a rousing game of hide and seek.
Mark may have had the biggest milestone, but Gracie had one yesterday too! She counted to ten. I didn't even know she knew her numbers! She said "One, two, three, two, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten!" I was pretty impressed. After all, two two's does make four ya' know.

We've had lots of fun with family the last two weeks. I hope you've had some fun too. Life sure gets busy sometimes, but don't let that get in the way of enjoying every minute!

My little Tigger.

No comments: