Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Forget Tiger Mother, Here's Bear Mother

Today, of all days, I just need a little break. And a laugh. My mom and aunt both sent the following to me via e-mail this morning, so instead of publishing my original post for today, I'm taking it as a sign that I should pass this on instead:

In My Next Life....

In this life, I'm a woman. In my next life, I'd like to come back as a bear. When you're a bear, you get to hibernate. You do nothing but sleep for six months. I could deal with that.

Before you hibernate, you're supposed to eat yourself stupid. I could deal with that too.

When you're a girl bear, you birth your children (who are the size of walnuts) while you're sleeping, and wake to partially grown, cute, cuddly, cubs. I could definitely deal with that.

If you're a mama bear, everyone knows you mean business. You swat anyone who bothers your cubs. If your cubs get out of line, you swat them too. I could deal with that.

If you're a bear, your mate EXPECTS you to wake up growling. He EXPECTS that you will have hairy legs and excess body fat. And you know what? He deals with that.

Yep, in my next life... gonna be a BEAR!

*I wish I could give credit to whomever originally posted this, as it was not me. It has made the rounds on e-mail and internet, and just reached me today - and boy did I need the laugh!

No comments: